When do I need pool repair service? A swimming pool is almost a necessity in Arizona, but whenever you are dealing with an expensive set of equipment, there is always the potential for things to go wrong. Of course it is never advisable for anyone who owns a pool to fix it himself unless he is an expert in pool repair, but it definitely does help to know about some of the most common pool repair needs. Here are five of the most common parts of the pool that may need to be repaired:
- Pump motor problems – Probably the most common item on the list of needed pool repairs is anything that has to do with the pump motor. Of course the pump motor has the most moving parts, so it is only natural that the motor be the source of most of the problems. Many pool owners don’t even realize just how much the quality of their water can be greatly affected if their pump motor is not working properly. The water won’t be heated, circulated, or even filtered if the pump motor is not working properly, so it is important to have a pool repair expert check it regularly.
- Tears in the lining of the pool – The pool’s lining is what helps keep the water inside of it, so it is critical that you keep sharp things outside of the pool. Of course any pool that has been around for long enough will be prone to tears in the lining, so it is best to have a pool repair professional examine the lining regularly. Very small tears are easy to patch up, although large tears may require that you have the entire lining replaced.
- Pool filter problems – In most cases, if you change the filter regularly, you won’t need any other repairs done to the filter, but occasionally problems might come up. If it ever seems like the filter is malfunctioning, start by changing the cartridge or cleaning the filter out. If that doesn’t seem to fix it, then you may have to consider the possibility that something else may be going wrong with it.
- Problems with the pool lights – Think for a moment about how often you change the light bulbs inside your home. They probably require changing more often than other maintenance jobs are needed, so it is only natural that the pool light bulbs will need changing as well. In most cases, the light bulb will just need to be changed, but sometimes there can be other problems with the pool light that will need to be checked by a pool repair expert.
- Leaks – Sometimes simply tracking down a leak can be a bit difficult, especially if it is around the pump. In fact, it’s not uncommon for pool owners to think they have a link because it seems like their water level is dropping too rapidly. Only a knowledgeable pool repair expert will be able to tell you if what you are experiencing is natural rates of evaporation or if you have a serious problem. He will then be able to perform some tests to track down the leak and fix it.
It is never a good idea to try to fix your pool without the assistance of a repair expert. You could end up turning a minor problem into a major one.
Emerald Pool and Spa offers pool repair and pool equipment installation around the Valley. Their experts can take care of everything from a static leak to a leak in the pool’s plumbing. They can also handle problems with pumps and any other part of your pool.
Comments are closed.